The government of Krasnodar Region
Krasnodar region is a federal subject of Russia, located in the Southern Federal District. The region population is about 5.5 million people on the territory of 75,485 sq. km.
The Region is characterized by industrial and agro-recreational type of development. The basis of the regional productive forces constitute the industrial, construction and energy complexes, information and communication technologies, as well as agro-industrial, transport, resort and recreation, and tourist complexes. The last three - agriculture, transport, and hotel & tourist complexes - correspond to the priorities of socio-economic development of Russia and determine the special status of the Krasnodar Krai in the national economy.
Also Krasnodar region city Sochi was the host city of Winter Olympic Games of 2014.
GoalTo build up a collaboration platform for citizens, experts, public organizations, unions, regional and municipal governments where they can communicate, elaborate mutual decisions and bring influence to the regional government politics.
Spellsystems has brought to life the regional crowdsourcing network with workflow elements and the regional open-data portal. Workflows implemented in different subsystems are integrated with internal docflow systems of regional government departments and municipality departments.
The solution consists of two separated parts:
- Open government social networking portal.
- Open data portal.
- Mobile application.
Open government social networking portal provides all collaboration functionality. It contains:
- Law-making and law expertise. This component allows users to initiate and discuss the regional and municipal level regulatory documents. It implements a workflow for multi-stage document development, including first concept creation, idea discussion, document body elaboration, document expertise and government reaction control.
- Citizens control. This component allows users to publish any problem of city infrastructure makes them feel inconvenient or just seems to be important. Other users can endorse it. All published problems transfer into regional or municipal government department depend on its theme and location. Every issue supposed to have at least official government reaction in a period of 10 days. If an issue can be solved in a short period of time responsible department reports on results through the system and if it needs time or serious amount of money, department plans it and reports on this plan.
- Construction and development control. Component contains integrated registry of constructions in region. When any construction starts, it comes to the registry. When citizens find any construction that is not in a registry or the construction that seems to be different with published approvals, it is supposed to be verified. The verification results always published.
- Regional and municipal priority ranks. Component provides a list of priorities for regional and municipal development. Users can vote for any of them. System count votes with considering of user locations, then builds priority rank for every of 44 municipalities and a global regional rank. Ranks built every three months.
- Government services ratings. The subsystem allows users to estimate the quality, convenience and speed of government services. Government service ranks built every month.
- Suggestions of city problem solutions. The component allows users to suggest solutions for known city problems such are transport organization changes, public transport routes changes or regulatory document and orders changing.
- Social networking elements such as user profiles, messaging, publications and galleries sharing.
Open data portal provides the repository of open data sets that can be accessed visually as a web-service. Datasets contain data information stored in government databases, for example organization structure, staff, document registries, building registries, contact information, state agencies and companies. User can see all the information on the pages of the website in table or map format. External informational systems can access all the data in XML and JSON. All data sets has passports and the dataset passports registry published.
The illegal construction component is designed for collecting, analyzing and visualization information about constructions that have been built without local authorities’ permission. Users can view the data in tables or on the city map. The system also provides interface for import the illegal construction registry from excel file and export reports’ data in pdf file.
C#, Java (J2EE), Microsoft IIS, Nginx