The government of the Krasnodar Region
Krasnodar region is a federal subject of Russia, located in the Southern Federal District. The region's population is about 5.5 million people on a territory of 75,485 sq. km.
The Region is characterized by industrial and agro-recreational types of development. The basis of the regional productive forces constitutes the industrial, construction and energy complexes, information and communication technologies, as well as agro-industrial, transport, resort and recreation, and tourist complexes. The last three - agriculture, transport, and hotel & tourist complexes - correspond to the priorities of the socio-economic development of Russia and determine the special status of the Krasnodar Krai in the national economy.
Also Krasnodar region city Sochi was the host city of the Winter Olympic Games of 2014.
Spellsystems has brought to life the regional crowdsourcing network with workflow elements and the regional open-data portal. Workflows implemented in different subsystems are integrated with internal doc flow systems of regional government departments and municipality departments.
The solution consists of three separate parts:
- Open government social networking portal.
- Open data portal.
- Mobile application.
Open government social networking portal provides all collaboration functionality. It contains:
- Law-making and law expertise. This component allows users to initiate and discuss regional and municipal-level regulatory documents. It implements a workflow for multi-stage document development, including first concept creation, idea discussion, document body elaboration, document expertise and government reaction control.
- Citizens control. This component allows citizens to publish any problem with the city infrastructure that makes them feel uncomfortable or just seems to be important. Other users can vote it. All published problems transfer into regional or municipal government departments, depending on their theme and location. Every issue is supposed to have at least an official government reaction in 10 days. If an issue can be solved in a short period of time, the responsible department reports on results through the system. If an issue needs longer time to be resolved, or it requires significant budget, the department plans it the solution to the future and communicate it to the issue creator.
- Construction and development control. The component contains the integrated public registry of constructions in the region. When any construction starts, it is added to this registry. When citizens find any construction that is not in a registry or construction that seems to be different from published approvals, they can ask authorities to check it. The verification results are always published in the public registry.
- Regional and municipal priority ranks. The component provides a list of priorities for regional and municipal development. Users can vote for any of them. The system counts votes by considering user locations and then builds a priority rank for every 44 municipalities and a global regional rank. Ranks are built every three months.
- Government services ratings. The subsystem allows users to estimate the quality, convenience and speed of the government services. Government service ranks are built every month.
- Suggestions for the city problems solutions. The component allows users to suggest solutions for known city problems such as transport organization, public transport routes, or regulatory documents.
- Social networking elements such as user profiles, messaging, publications and gallery sharing.
- The open data portal provides a repository of open data sets that can be accessed visually as a web service. Datasets contain data information stored in government databases, for example, organization structure, staff, document registries, building registries, contact information, state agencies and companies. Users can see all the information on the pages of the website in the table or map format. External informational systems can access all the data via XML and JSON. All data sets have passports and the dataset passports registry published.
The illegal construction component is designed for collecting, analyzing and visualising information about constructions that have been built without local authorities’ permission. Users can view the data in tables or on the city map. The system also provides an interface for importing the illegal construction registry from an excel file and exporting reports’ data in a pdf file.
C#, Java (J2EE), Microsoft IIS, Nginx
- 1 project manager
- 2 PHP programmers
- 1 system administrator
- 2 C# programmers
- 2 user interface designers
- 2 HTML programmers
- 1 Java programmer
- 2 content managers
- 1 analyst
- 5 quality engineers
Similar cases studies
The Platform should provide information and expert-analytical support to the Governor during the preparation and decision-making and improve the efficiency of collaboration of executive bodies of state power and municipal authorities.